Five Reasons To Take Music Lessons
I've had many people, at their first lesson, tell me that they have tried learning this or that on the internet or some video course and just gotten very mixed up and frustrated. So here are five reasons to take lessons;
1. There are a few separate skills involved with playing music correctly, such as Rhythm, note reading and music theory.
2. A skill such as Rhythm is easiest to learn by having it explained and then demonstrated.
3. Having a teacher right there means you can get instant feedback as to whether or not you are doing it right.
4. A good teacher will make a careful assessment of your level and make sure you learn the appropriate level well before going to the next.
5. A good teacher will keep you out of any of the many pitfalls that students can fall into.